Windows Insider Support
Overwolf decided to remove support for Windows Insider versions due to technical issues.
This means that Overwolf’s overlay will not work on systems running Windows Insider OS since the 14th of February 2021.
To check if you’re running a Windows Insider version or not, please open your system’s settings, type in ‘Windows Insider’ and click on the search result:
If you are absolutely certain you wish to use Overwolf with Windows Insider, you can use the following override steps that will allow you to run Overwolf and all of its features:
- Close Overwolf (if running)
- Open the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Overwolf\Setup
If you cannot locate the ProgramData folder, please make sure to enable the View hidden files and folders option (in Windows 11, click the 3 dots at the top menu and select ‘Options’):
- Locate the file called ‘SetupInfo.ini’
- Right click the file and choose ‘Edit’
- Under ‘[General]’ start a new line and type in
AllowInsider=True, so the result would look like this:
- Restart Overwolf